Vogel Bros. Florida
2720 Drane Field Rd
Lakeland, FL 33811
Application Deadline: February 28, 2018
As an award-winning, multi-generational construction services company, Vogel Bros. Building Co. attributes its success and longevity to the values and beliefs that have been shared throughout the generations. We work with customers across the country, focusing on enhancing the lives of the people in the communities we serve. Our lean culture is embodied in our employees, always striving to embrace innovation and offer creative solutions in order to be the employer of choice as well as our customer’s champion.
Currently, we are seeking an individual to join Vogel Bros.’ Lakeland, FL office as a full-time Estimator. We believe in having a sustainable level of growth and resources, so when we bring on new people to our team, we do so conscientiously and with the goal of adding a team player who’s passionate about doing what it takes to grow and develop the company and the people around them.
Candidates with 10 or more years of construction experience, particularly in the areas of heavy civil construction and water/wastewater treatment plants, are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of the Estimator position include but are not limited to:
- Review project plans, specifications, and technical documents to develop accurate estimates, assigned trade responsibilities, and subcontractor coverage, for assigned projects
- Identify and quantify all cost types, such as time, labor, material, equipment, subcontractor and other cost elements
- Help prepare thorough, accurate and timely estimates utilizing various computer software programs
- Effectively communicate and build relationships with both internal and external customers, subcontractors, equipment representatives, suppliers, and design teams, to fully coordinate project expectations
- Support the Operations Department team to prepare estimates and supporting documentation for the purpose of bidding, planning, and scheduling work
Preferred Skills Include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Construction related field
- 10 or more years of relevant work experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Estimation of water and wastewater treatment plants, heavy civil construction, commercial buildings; Estimation of self-performed work; Working with BIM programs; and Understanding of regional construction practices
Candidates Must Possess:
- A valid driver’s license and means of transportation
- Strong computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook) and proficient in estimating and scheduling software
- Must have strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and perform effectively despite sudden deadline and priority changes
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with willingness and ability to accept responsibility, work as a team player, and take initiative to improve personal and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems that increase team efficiency using LEAN principles
If the above describes you, and you’re interested in becoming a part of the Vogel Bros.’ team, please “Apply Now” to complete our application process. Be sure to include a cover letter and resume with your application.
Our Employment Policy
Vogel Bros. Building Co. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees. It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions and to ensure equal opportunity for employment to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, veteran disability, national origin, ancestry and/or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law. The Company will ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, hiring, promotions, layoffs, return from layoffs, demotions, dismissals, recruitment, selection for training, including apprenticeship, will be administered in a manner consistent with the Company’s commitment to equal employment for all individuals.