Vogel Bros. Florida
2720 Drane Field Rd
Lakeland, FL 33811
(863) 577-0474 Ext. 117
Application Deadline: June 19, 2018
As an award-winning, multi-generational construction services company, Vogel Bros. Building Co. attributes its success and longevity to the values and beliefs that have been shared throughout the generations. We work with customers across the country, focusing on enhancing the lives of the people in the communities we serve. Our lean culture is embodied in our employees, always striving to embrace innovation and offer creative solutions in order to be the employer of choice as well as our customer’s champion.
Currently, we are seeking an individual to join Vogel Bros.’ Lakeland, FL office as a full-time Accounting Assistant. The position will be responsible for the efficient and accurate processing and maintenance of accounts payable/receivable transactions, working as a team with the Office Manager and Accounting Department. Job duties will be heavily focused on data entry. We believe in having a sustainable level of growth and resources, so when we bring on new people to our team, we do so conscientiously and with the goal of adding a team player who’s passionate about doing what it takes to grow and develop the company and the people around them.
Candidates with at least three years of accounting experience are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Assistant position include but are not limited to:
- Work as a team with the Office Manager and Accounting, including but not limited to performing general accounting functions, such as sorting, matching and filing of invoices; checks and receipts; log documents and forms; photocopy and/or scan documents; and other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Follow and ensure proper execution of day-to-day accounting systems and procedures, whether computerized or manual.
- Timely and accurately process vendor invoices and employee expense reports including: review, code and match receipts to invoices; investigate discrepancies; and enter data in accounting software.
- Review monthly statements, research and resolve discrepancies, research and analyze job account status; prepare account adjustments to manual and computerized records; annotate records to explain and summarize adjustments; search account histories to locate imbalances and incorrect entries; cross reference adjustments to source documents and related files; prepare and reconcile balances of accounts.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries and provide high level customer service to address and resolve questions and issues, especially in regards to billing and payment status.
Preferred Skills Include:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
Candidates Must Possess:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting, or equivalent education and experience
- Reliable means of transportation to & from office
- Highly proficient computer and technology skills required, including proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite, accounting software, internet browsers, and operating office equipment (copier, printer, fax, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate information one-on-one and/or in small group situations to both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of and demonstrated understanding of standard accounting principles
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and perform them efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work as a team player and take initiative to take on and complete tasks
If the above describes you, and you’re interested in becoming a part of the Vogel Bros.’ team, please “Apply Now” to complete our application process. Be sure to include a cover letter and resume with your application.
Our Employment Policy
Vogel Bros. Building Co. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees. It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions and to ensure equal opportunity for employment to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, veteran disability, national origin, ancestry and/or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law. The Company will ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, hiring, promotions, layoffs, return from layoffs, demotions, dismissals, recruitment, selection for training, including apprenticeship, will be administered in a manner consistent with the Company’s commitment to equal employment for all individuals.