Vogel Bros. Madison
5460 Fen Oak Dr
Madison, WI 53718
Currently, we are seeking an individual to join Vogel Bros.’ Madison, WI office as a full-time Accounting Specialist. The Accounting Specialist is responsible for supporting the accounting team in coordination with the office team. We believe in having a sustainable level of growth and resources, so when we bring on new people to our team, we do so conscientiously and with the goal of adding a team player who’s passionate about doing what it takes to grow and develop the company and the people around them.
As an award-winning, multi-generational construction services company, Vogel Bros. Building Co. attributes its success and longevity to the values and beliefs that have been shared throughout the generations. Our lean culture is embodied in our employees, always striving to embrace innovation and offer creative solutions in order to be the employer of choice as well as our customer’s champion. When we bring on new people to our team, we do so conscientiously and with the goal of adding a team player who’s passionate about doing what it takes to grow and develop the company and the people around them.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Specialist position include (but are not limited to):
- Timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices and employee expense reports including; reviewing, coding and matching receipts to invoices, investigating discrepancies, and entering data into accounting ERP
- Review monthly statements, research and resolve discrepancies.
- Process weekly payroll
- Provide customer service for internal and external customers.
- Provide back-up for other accounting staff members as needed.
- Fax and/or email documents, as directed
- Assist with project-specific requirements
- Schedule and participate in meetings and appointments, as directed (send calendar invites, prepare and distribute agendas, document and distribute minutes, etc.).
- Work with the Job Superintendent and main office staff to ensure proper tracking of supplies, material delivery receipts, timecards, employee documentation, and job cost codes.
- Occasionally answer, log, and field phone calls, routing callers appropriately and/or accurately relaying messages.
- Consistently greet and assist visitors in a polite and professional manner.
Preferred skills include:
- Three or more years of relevant work experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred, preferably in general accounting role in the construction industry.
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess and maintain valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation
- Reliable attendance is imperative
- Strong computer and technology skills required, including proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite and office equipment (copier, printer, fax, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate information one-on-one and/or in small group situations to both internal and external customers
- Ability to work as a team player and take initiative to take on and complete tasks
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Professional appearance and manner for greeting guests, as well as professional telephone etiquette & friendly disposition for answering calls
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, and sit
- Ability to lift 25 pounds without assistance
- Indoor, non-smoking, temperature-controlled environment
- Some exposure to outside elements if and when on job sites
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-Site Fitness Center
All applications must be submitted online by: December 3, 2021.
Our Employment Policy
Vogel Bros. Building Co. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees. It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions and to ensure equal opportunity for employment to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, veteran disability, national origin, ancestry and/or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law. The Company will ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, hiring, promotions, layoffs, return from layoffs, demotions, dismissals, recruitment, selection for training, including apprenticeship, will be administered in a manner consistent with the Company’s commitment to equal employment for all individuals.
Vogel Bros. is a drug-free workplace. Successful completion of a drug test is a condition of employment.