Vogel Bros. Florida
2720 Drane Field Road
Lakeland, FL 33811
Application Deadline: Due to the nature of our projects having quick start-ups or sudden scope changes, this position is an ongoing recruitment. If you are interested in working for Vogel Bros., please complete the attached application. Should you meet the requirements for this position, we will keep your application on file for 1 year and contact you as job needs arise.
Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but other duties may be assigned):
Carpentry involves skilled and manual labor tasks. Employee must perform a variety of repetitive duties involving physical activity.
A. Quality Control
- Comply with job assignments and/or Foreman
- Comply with Vogel Bros. Building Co. Safety Program, jobsite specific safety rules, and directions from Supervisors
- Maintain high safety standards by setting a personal example
- Maintain and use safety equipment properly
- Participate in all scheduled Safety Meetings
- Follow direction from the Superintendent and goals in the expected time period
- Provide accurate information to complete time cards
D. Support Services
- Inform the Superintendent or Foreman of specific needs for the task
- Attend scheduled training sessions to improve quality and productivity
E. General Duties
- Erect, assemble, cut and materials.
- Prior to concrete placements, verify trueness of structures with plumb bob, lasers, carpenter level, squares and transits. Construct forms and chutes for concrete placement.
- Assemble and tie reinforcing steel. Perform exact measurements and cuts.
- Dig, spread and level dirt and gravel using a pick and shovel.
- Utilize blueprints and sketches to determine dimensions and materials to be used in constructing.
- Assemble, cut and shape materials and fasten using nails, screws, dowelpins or glue.
- Erect scaffolding, ladders and other work platforms for assembling structures.
- Clean, sharpen and repair hand and bench tools.
- Clean equipment and work areas.
- Build and lay out stairs, partitions and other wooden articles. Install drywall and decorative paneling to ceilings and walls. Build and install window frames, doors, door frames, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim, and finish hardware such as locks, letter drops and kick plates.
- All carpenter tools required to complete the work must be provided by the Carpenter. These include a tool belt, hammer, tape measure, 4’ level, crescent wrench, lineman pliers, screw drivers, chisels, 3’ pry bar, plumb bob, square, chalk line, rubber boots and any other trade-specific tools.
- Knowledge of standard practices, methods, materials and tools of the appropriate trade
- Knowledge of qualities and uses of various raw materials, tools and equipment of the specific trade
- Knowledge of and previous experience placing and finishing concrete
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the specific trade
- Knowledge of and previous experience using surveying equipment, including levels, lasers, transits and tape measures
- Knowledge of and previous experience working with scaffolding, shoring, walls utilizing safety harnesses, belts and lanyards
- Knowledge of the use and care of tools, materials and equipment of the trade
- Ability to properly and safely lift, carry, hold and operate hand and power tools, such as saws, drills, roto hammers, grinder, etc
- Ability to properly and safely lift, carry and hold building materials and supplies
- Ability to interface with other personnel
- Ability to perform moderate to heavy manual labor for extended periods of time
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to identify problems and communicate facts to the Superintendent and Foreman
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage time and equipment
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and bend for full work days
- Ability to use hands, arms, fingers, and to reach
- Ability to work from heights
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds with assistance
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 85 pounds without assistance
- Exposure to heat, cold, rain, and other outdoor weather conditions
- Loud noise levels
- High, precarious locations
- Walking surfaces may be uneven and affected by weather and construction conditions
Our Employment Policy
Vogel Bros. Building Co. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees. It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions and to ensure equal opportunity for employment to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, veteran disability, national origin, ancestry and/or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law. The Company will ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, hiring, promotions, layoffs, return from layoffs, demotions, dismissals, recruitment, selection for training, including apprenticeship, will be administered in a manner consistent with the Company’s commitment to equal employment for all individuals.