Vogel Bros. Wisconsin
5460 Fen Oak Dr
Madison, WI 53718
Application Deadline: August 28, 2018
As an award-winning, multi-generational construction services company, Vogel Bros. Building Co. attributes its success and longevity to the values and beliefs that have been shared throughout the generations. We work with customers across the country, focusing on enhancing the lives of the people in the communities we serve. Our lean culture is embodied in our employees, always striving to embrace innovation and offer creative solutions in order to be the employer of choice as well as our customer’s champion.
Currently, we are seeking an individual to join Vogel Bros.’ Madison, WI office as a full-time Controller. We believe in having a sustainable level of growth and resources, so when we bring on new people to our team, we do so conscientiously and with the goal of adding a team player who’s passionate about doing what it takes to grow and develop the company and the people around them.
This position will be a key support to the CFO and a front-line liaison with other departments and staff in both the FL and WI divisions. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver who seeks to reduce waste and improve processes, and mentors the rest of the accounting staff. Candidates with 5 or more years of accounting experience, particularly in the construction industry, are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of the Controller position include but are not limited to:
- Develop, update and maintain accounting systems and processes utilizing continuous improvement methodologies
- Responsible for entering and updating all personnel information in database
- Assist with quarterly reviews and annual audits, preparation of supporting work papers and coordination of procedures with external auditors
- Assist with accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll
- Responsible for processing cash receipts, reconciliations, monthly billings and work orders
- Develop and maintain procedures to assure the correct accounting and reporting of sales and use taxes
- Assist with the evaluation, testing, documentation and implementation of accounting system upgrades and enhancements
Preferred Skills Include:
- Construction industry experience
- CPA or MBA a plus
Candidates Must Possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field
- Five or more years of relevant work experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook) and functional knowledge of accounting software
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and perform them efficiently and effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate information to both internal and external customers
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of and demonstrated understanding of tax laws regarding payroll, sales/use tax, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with willingness and ability to work as a team player and take initiative to improve personal and interpersonal skills
If the above describes you, and you’re interested in becoming a part of the Vogel Bros. team, please “Apply Now” to complete our application process. Be sure to include a cover letter and resume with your application.
Our Employment Policy
Vogel Bros. Building Co. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees. It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions and to ensure equal opportunity for employment to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, veteran disability, national origin, ancestry and/or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law. The Company will ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, hiring, promotions, layoffs, return from layoffs, demotions, dismissals, recruitment, selection for training, including apprenticeship, will be administered in a manner consistent with the Company’s commitment to equal employment for all individuals.