Corporate Administrator & Risk Manager
Vogel Bros. Wisconsin
5460 Fen Oak Drive
Madison, WI 53718
As an award-winning, multi-generational construction services company, Vogel Bros. Building Co. attributes its success and longevity to the values and beliefs that have been shared throughout the generations. We work with customers across the country, focusing on enhancing the lives of the people in the communities we serve. Our lean culture is embodied in our employees, always striving to embrace innovation and offer creative solutions in order to be the employer of choice as well as our customer’s champion.
Currently, we are seeking an individual to join Vogel Bros.’ Madison, WI office as a full?time Corporate Administrator and Risk Manager. We believe in having a sustainable level of growth and resources, so when we bring on new people to our team, we do so conscientiously and with the goal of adding a team player who’s passionate about doing what it takes to grow and develop the company and the people around them.
The Corporate Administrator and Risk Manager is responsible for maintaining all corporate records; for reporting requirement to various governmental entities; and for assisting in the development, implementation and enforcement of corporate risk management policies and procedures; and for providing administrative support to the executive leadership team.
Candidates with at least five or more years of administrative experience and strong administrative skills are encouraged to apply. Knowledge of corporate risk management policies and procedures is preferred.
Responsibilities of the Corporate Administrator and Risk Manager position include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain all corporate records including bylaws, resolutions, meeting notices, meeting minutes and stock records.
- Manage the tracking system and assist with maintenance and renewal of all required corporate registrations, licenses, and permits for Florida and Wisconsin.
- In cooperation with the President and CFO, develop and implement a risk management program that anticipates means for dealing with corporate risk in the areas of contract risk, risk from major perils and business risk.
- In cooperation with the President and CFO, establish and maintain an insurance program to contractually manage risk within acceptable limits
- Establish policies and controls for contract review and evaluation, including drafting and review of contractual agreements
- Work collaboratively, cohesively and effectively in providing administrative services for the Executive Leadership Team
- Provide administrative services for the President and other management personnel including processing registration forms and making travel arrangements as needed.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for office activities
- Assist with safety and human resource activities as needed including the recruitment and hiring of office personnel, submittal and management of insurance claims, and crisis management.
- Assist with Vogel Foundation activities.
Preferred skills include:
- Knowledge of risk management principles, state and federal law, and claims adjudication principles
- Knowledge of liability, property, casualty and worker’s compensation insurance coverages, legal requirements, underwriting practices, and market conditions
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information ethically and responsibly
- Represent the Executive Leadership Team with professionalism and integrity
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and confidence in communicating with all levels of the organization
- Critical Thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Administrative and supervisory skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
Candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Administration
- Five (5) years of related experience or equivalent education and experience.
- Possess and maintain valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation
- Reliable attendance is imperative
- Strong computer and technology skills required, including proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite and office equipment (copier, printer, fax, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate information one?on?one and/or in small group situations to both internal and external customers
- Ability to work as a team player and take initiative to take on and complete tasks
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Indoor, temperature?controlled environment
When visiting job sites, may be exposed to: Heat, cold, rain, sleet, snow and other outdoor weather conditions; walking surfaces that may be uneven and affected by weather and construction conditions; moderate to loud noise levels
Our Employment Policy
Vogel Bros. Building Co. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees. It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions and to ensure equal opportunity for employment to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, veteran disability, national origin, ancestry and/or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law. The Company will ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, hiring, promotions, layoffs, return from layoffs, demotions, dismissals, recruitment, selection for training, including apprenticeship, will be administered in a manner consistent with the Company’s commitment to equal employment for all individuals.