Vogel Bros. Wisconsin
5460 Fen Oak Drive
Madison, WI 53718
As an award-winning, multi-generational construction services company, Vogel Bros. Building Co. attributes its success and longevity to the values and beliefs that have been shared throughout the generations. We work with customers across the country, focusing on enhancing the lives of the people in the communities we serve. Our lean culture is embodied in our employees, always striving to embrace innovation and offer creative solutions in order to be the employer of choice as well as our customer’s champion.
We believe in having a sustainable level of growth and resources, so when we bring on new people to our team, we do so conscientiously and with the goal of adding a team player who’s passionate about doing what it takes to grow and develop the company and the people around them.
Currently, we are seeking an individual to join Vogel Bros.’ Madison, WI field operations as a jobsite Foreman. In accordance with Vogel Bros.’ beliefs / values / mission / vision, and in direct support of the job Superintendent, a Foreman is responsible for the safety, quality of work, cost of work, schedule, labor, equipment and materials associated with the assigned work. The Foreman acts as the eyes and ears of the job Superintendent, helping to ensure that all work is carried out in a manner that exemplifies and promotes a safe, caring and ethical culture.
Candidates with 2 or more years of construction experience, preferably in the carpenter trade, are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of the Foreman position include but are not limited to:
- Adhere to and assist with enforcement of Vogel Bros.’ Safety Program; local, state and federal safety regulations; and jobsite-specific safety expectations.
- Support the job Superintendent in scheduling and coordinating the work of Vogel Bros. and all subcontractors.
- Help ensure high standards of craftsmanship, assembly, and cleanliness are met and maintained on job sites.
Candidates must possess:
- A valid driver’s license and means of transportation.
- Knowledge of standard practices, methods, materials and tools of the trade.
- Knowledge of the use, care and qualities of materials, tools, and equipment of the trade.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, including the ability to give clear verbal instructions.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage time, equipment and personnel.
Our Employment Policy
Vogel Bros. Building Co. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees. It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions and to ensure equal opportunity for employment to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, veteran disability, national origin, ancestry and/or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law. The Company will ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, hiring, promotions, layoffs, return from layoffs, demotions, dismissals, recruitment, selection for training, including apprenticeship, will be administered in a manner consistent with the Company’s commitment to equal employment for all individuals.