Vogel Bros. Florida
2720 Drane Field Rd
Lakeland, FL 33811
Application Deadline: July 21, 2020
As an award-winning, multi-generational construction services company, Vogel Bros. Building Co. attributes its success and longevity to the values and beliefs that have been shared throughout the generations. We work with customers across the country, focusing on enhancing the lives of the people in the communities we serve. Our lean culture is embodied in our employees, always striving to embrace innovation and offer creative solutions in order to be the employer of choice as well as our customer’s champion.
Currently, we are seeking an individual to join Vogel Bros.’ Lakeland, FL office as a full-time Project Assistant. This entry-level position will provide administrative support for Project Operations, as well as support overall office and business operations. We believe in having a sustainable level of growth and resources, so when we bring on new people to our team, we do so conscientiously and with the goal of adding a team player who’s passionate about doing what it takes to grow and develop the company and the people around them.
Candidates with at least one year of administrative experience are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of the Project Assistant position include but are not limited to:
- Welcome and assist vendors, customers and other visitors to the office.
- First line of responsibility for answering all incoming calls on a multi-line system and transferring to appropriate staff, taking messages, and communicating information to appropriate staff.
- Perform administrative support duties for the office, such as recordkeeping, proofreading, data entry, filing (electronic and physical files), faxing, photocopying, scanning, collating and assembling documents, and other general clerical duties as needed.
- Prepare, distribute and track contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, operation and maintenance documents (O&M’s), change orders, correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, etc.
- Assist Project Managers with billing, closeout documents, and other general clerical duties, including record keeping, Word processing, Excel spreadsheets, copying, filing, data entry, collating and binding reports, etc.
- Maintain office supply inventories and places orders for additional or special items, as requested.
- Maintain common office areas and equipment.
- Work with the operations team and Main Office staff to ensure proper tracking of supplies, back charge tickets, job cost codes, and safety and subcontractor activity paperwork
- Enter and maintain project and subcontractor/supplier information in databases
Preferred Skills Include:
- At least 1 year of experience, or equivalent education and experience, in an office setting performing administrative duties is preferred
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
Candidates Must Possess:
- High school diploma or GED
- Be punctual, dependable, cooperative and able to take direction
- Reliable means of transportation to & from office
- Reliable attendance is imperative
- Professional appearance and manner for greeting guests, as well as professional telephone etiquette & friendly disposition for answering calls
- Intermediate computer and technology skills required, including proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite and office equipment (copier, printer, fax, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate information one-on-one and/or in small group situations to both internal and external customers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks and perform them efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work as a team player and take initiative to take on and complete tasks
If the above describes you, and you’re interested in becoming a part of the Vogel Bros.’ team, please “Apply Now” to complete our application process. Be sure to include a cover letter and resume with your application.
Our Employment Policy
Vogel Bros. Building Co. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees. It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions and to ensure equal opportunity for employment to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, veteran disability, national origin, ancestry and/or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law. The Company will ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, hiring, promotions, layoffs, return from layoffs, demotions, dismissals, recruitment, selection for training, including apprenticeship, will be administered in a manner consistent with the Company’s commitment to equal employment for all individuals.