Vogel Bros. Wisconsin
5460 Fen Oak Drive
Madison, WI 53718
Application Deadline: November 13, 2020
As an award-winning, multi-generational construction services company, Vogel Bros. Building Co. attributes its success and longevity to the values and beliefs that have been shared throughout the generations. We work with customers across the country, focusing on enhancing the lives of the people in the communities we serve. Our lean culture is embodied in our employees, always striving to embrace innovation and offer creative solutions in order to be the employer of choice as well as our customer’s champion.
Currently, we are seeking an individual to join Vogel Bros.’ Madison, WI office as a full-time Project Assistant. The Project Assistant is responsible for maintaining administrative support to our project staff in coordination with the office team. We believe in having a sustainable level of growth and resources, so when we bring on new people to our team, we do so conscientiously and with the goal of adding a team player who’s passionate about
doing what it takes to grow and develop the company and the people around them.
Candidates with at least two or more years of administrative experience and strong administrative skills are encouraged to apply. An administrative role in the construction industry preferred.
Responsibilities of the Project Assistant position include but are not limited to:
- Prepare, distribute and track contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, submittals, operation and maintenance documents (O&M’s), change orders, correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, requests for information (RFI’s), etc.
- Assist with completing and maintaining daily work reports and activity logs; procurement, maintenance and distribution of shop drawings; and completing daily, weekly and monthly field paperwork, as applicable
- Fax and/or email documents, as directed
- Assist with bidding, including procurement of plans, solicitation of bids from subcontractors and suppliers, preparing project manual documents, etc.
- Enter and maintain project and subcontractor/supplier information in iSqFt and Penta databases, as needed
- Assist with project-specific requirements (e.g. non-disclosure agreements, etc.)
- Assist Project Managers with general clerical duties, including record keeping, Word processing, Excel spreadsheets, copying, filing, data entry, etc.
- Schedule and participate in meetings and appointments, as directed (send calendar invites, prepare and distribute agendas, document and distribute minutes, etc.)
- Work with the Job Superintendent and main office staff to ensure proper tracking of supplies, material delivery receipts, back-charge tickets, time cards, employee documentation, and job cost codes
- Process budget changes at the Owner level, as well as internal budget changes
- Answer, log, and field phone calls, routing callers appropriately and/or accurately relaying messages
- Consistently greet and assist visitors in a polite and professional manner
- Pick up and/or deliver documents, materials, supplies, etc. as needed
Preferred Skills Include:
- Two or more years of relevant work experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred, preferably in an administrative role in the construction industry
Candidates Must Possess:
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess and maintain valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation
- Reliable attendance is imperative
- Strong computer and technology skills required, including proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite and office equipment (copier, printer, fax, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate information one-on-one and/or in small group situations to both internal and external customers
- Ability to work as a team player and take initiative to take on and complete tasks
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Professional appearance and manner for greeting guests, as well as professional telephone etiquette and friendly disposition for answering calls
- Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, and sit
- Ability to lift 25 pounds without assistance
- Indoor, non-smoking, temperature-controlled environment
- Some exposure to outside elements if and when on job sites
If the above describes you, and you’re interested in becoming a part of the Vogel Bros.’ team, please “Apply Now” to complete our application process. Be sure to include a cover letter and resume with your application.
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-Site Fitness Center
Our Employment Policy
Vogel Bros. Building Co. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees. It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions and to ensure equal opportunity for employment to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, veteran disability, national origin, ancestry and/or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law. The Company will ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, hiring, promotions, layoffs, return from layoffs, demotions, dismissals, recruitment, selection for training, including apprenticeship, will be administered in a manner consistent with the Company’s commitment to equal employment for all individuals.