Vogel Bros. Wisconsin
5460 Fen Oak Drive
Madison, WI 53718
We are currently seeking an experienced, driven Project Engineer to join Vogel Bros.’ Madison, WI office. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management and a minimum of 2 years of related experience. This position will assist our construction Project Managers and Job Superintendents with projects from inception through closeout.
As an award-winning, multi-generational construction services company, Vogel Bros. Building Co. attributes its success and longevity to the values and beliefs that have been shared throughout the generations. Our lean culture is embodied in our employees, always striving to embrace innovation and offer creative solutions in order to be the employer of choice as well as our customer’s champion. When we bring on new people to our team, we do so conscientiously and with the goal of adding a team player who’s passionate about doing what it takes to grow and develop the company and the people around them.
Candidates with 2 or more years of construction experience, particularly in the area of commercial building projects, are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of the Project Engineer position include but are not limited to:
• Assist with bidding and purchasing activities
• Review, process and expedite shop drawings and submittals
• Initiate, track and process Requests For Information (RFI’s)
• Update and maintain field drawings
• Prepare, update and distribute various reports
• Assist in weekly job meetings, including generation and distribution of all meeting agendas and minutes
• Coordinate and manage closeout procedures
Preferred skills include:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Construction related field
• 2 or more years of relevant work experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Estimation of commercial construction
• Understanding of BIM programs and regional construction practices
• Ability to perform material take-offs/quantity surveys
Candidates must possess:
• A valid driver’s license and means of transportation
• Moderate to advanced computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail, with strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and perform effectively despite sudden deadline and priority changes
• Excellent problem-solving skills, with willingness and ability to accept responsibility, work as a team player, and take initiative to improve personal and interpersonal skills
Our Employment Policy
Vogel Bros. Building Co. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees. It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions and to ensure equal opportunity for employment to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, veteran disability, national origin, ancestry and/or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law. The Company will ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, hiring, promotions, layoffs, return from layoffs, demotions, dismissals, recruitment, selection for training, including apprenticeship, will be administered in a manner consistent with the Company’s commitment to equal employment for all individuals.
Vogel Bros. is a drug-free workplace. Successful completion of a drug test is a condition of employment.