Vogel Bros. Wisconsin
5460 Fen Oak Drive
Madison, WI 53718
Application Deadline: December 13, 2019
As an award-winning, multi-generational construction services company, Vogel Bros. Building Co. attributes its success and longevity to the values and beliefs that have been shared throughout the generations. We work with customers across the country, focusing on enhancing the lives of the people in the communities we serve. Our lean culture is embodied in our employees, always striving to embrace innovation and offer creative solutions in order to be the employer of choice as well as our customer’s champion. When we bring on new people to our team, we do so conscientiously and with the goal of adding a team player who’s passionate about doing what it takes to grow and develop the company and the people around them.
Currently, we are seeking a motivated, detail-oriented student to join Vogel Bros.’ Madison, WI office as a paid Project Intern. The Project Intern is a limited-term employment position working full-time hours beginning May/June of 2020, with the opportunity for working part-time hours through fall of 2020. This is an educational position intended to provide hands-on experience in the construction industry.
Typical Project Intern responsibilities include:
- Provide support to the Operations Staff
- Assist with bidding, budgeting, and cost management procedures
- Coordinate project scheduling and updates per the direction of project leadership
- Review and gain experience working with contract documents
- Assist with project start-up and close-out/commissioning procedures
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the 2019/20 and/or 2020/21 school year in a construction undergraduate program (such as Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or a closely-related field)
- Possess a valid driver’s license and means of transportation to drive to and from construction sites
- Able to work 40+ hours/week during normal business hours, Monday through Friday during the Summer
- Demonstrate moderate to advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
The Ideal Candidate will possess the following skills:
- Experience in the following software programs: Revit, estimating programs, and scheduling programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, with strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to develop and interpret schedules
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with willingness to accept responsibility and work as a team player
- Office: Indoor, temperature-controlled environment
- Job Sites: Exposure to heat, cold, rain, and other outdoor weather conditions; Moderate to loud noise levels; Walking surfaces that may be uneven and affected by weather and construction conditions
If the above describes you and you’re interested in becoming a part of the Vogel Bros.’ team, please apply below.
Our Employment Policy
Vogel Bros. Building Co. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law.
Vogel Bros. is a drug-free workplace. Successful completion of a drug test is a condition of employment.