Vogel Bros. Florida
2720 Drane Field Rd
Lakeland, FL 33811
Application Deadline: February 28, 2018
As an award-winning, multi-generational construction services company, Vogel Bros. Building Co. attributes its success and longevity to the values and beliefs that have been shared throughout the generations. We work with customers across the country, focusing on enhancing the lives of the people in the communities we serve. Our lean culture is embodied in our employees, always striving to embrace innovation and offer creative solutions in order to be the employer of choice as well as our customer’s champion.
Currently, we are seeking an individual to join Vogel Bros.’ Lakeland, FL office as a full-time Project Manager. We believe in having a sustainable level of growth and resources, so when we bring on new people to our team, we do so conscientiously and with the goal of adding a team player who’s passionate about doing what it takes to grow and develop the company and the people around them.
Candidates with 5 or more years of construction experience, particularly in the areas of heavy civil construction and water/wastewater treatment plants, are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager position include but are not limited to:
- Manage bidding and budgeting procedures in cooperation with the Estimator
- Oversee project start-up, including implementation of all Company policies
- Coordinate the review of Owner and Architect/Engineer contract documents with the V.P. of Operations and Office Manager
- Coordinate project schedule with the V.P. of Operations and Job Superintendent
- Issue all subcontracts and purchase orders
- Implement and manage all job cost-control procedures
- Ensure compliance with and manage payment application process
- Coordinate change documentation and issue change orders
- Oversee quality control measures
- Ensure compliance with all Company safety policies
- Manage all close-out and commissioning procedures
Preferred Skills Include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Administration or Civil Engineering with Construction Management option
- Five or more years of relevant work experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Candidates Must Possess:
- A valid driver’s license and means of transportation
- Strong computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook) and functional knowledge of construction management software
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and perform effectively despite sudden deadline and priority changes
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with willingness and ability to accept responsibility, work as a team player, and take initiative to improve personal and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems that increase team efficiency using LEAN principles
If the above describes you, and you’re interested in becoming a part of the Vogel Bros.’ team, please “Apply Now” to complete our application process. Be sure to include a cover letter and resume with your application.
Our Employment Policy
Vogel Bros. Building Co. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees. It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions and to ensure equal opportunity for employment to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, veteran disability, national origin, ancestry and/or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law. The Company will ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, hiring, promotions, layoffs, return from layoffs, demotions, dismissals, recruitment, selection for training, including apprenticeship, will be administered in a manner consistent with the Company’s commitment to equal employment for all individuals.