Vogel Bros. Wisconsin
5460 Fen Oak Drive
Madison, WI 53718
Are you an experienced Project Manager who’s ready to go beyond just building buildings to instead building customers’ dreams? Do you value making a difference in your community and in the lives of those around you? Then we’ve got the opportunity for you!
Currently we are seeking an experienced, driven Project Manager to join Vogel Bros.’ Madison, WI office. The ideal candidate will have 10-15 years of Project Manager experience specializing in science and technology construction projects. This position will be a leader in managing assigned construction projects and teams, but will also use their skills and background to help seek out, bid, and negotiate potential projects.
As an award-winning, multi-generational construction services company, Vogel Bros. Building Co. attributes its success and longevity to the values and beliefs that have been shared throughout the generations. Our lean culture is embodied in our employees, always striving to embrace innovation and offer creative solutions in order to be the employer of choice as well as our customer’s champion. When we bring on new people to our team, we do so conscientiously and with the goal of adding a team player who’s passionate about doing what it takes to grow and develop the company and the people around them.
Typical Project Manager responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage bidding and budgeting procedures in cooperation with the Estimator
- Coordinate the drafting of Owner and Architect/Engineer contract documents with the V.P. of Operations and Office Manager
- Coordinate project schedule with the V.P. of Operations and job Superintendent
- Implement and manage all job cost-control procedures
- Ensure compliance with and manage payment application process
- Coordinate change documentation and the RFI process
- Oversee quality control measures
- Manage close-out and commissioning procedures
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and means of transportation
- Strong computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook) and functional knowledge of construction management software
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and perform effectively despite sudden deadline and priority changes
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with willingness and ability to accept responsibility, work as a team player, and take initiative to improve personal and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems that increase team efficiency using LEAN principles
If the above describes you and you’re interested in becoming a part of the Vogel Bros.’ team, please click “Apply Now” to complete our application process. Be sure to include a cover letter and resume with your application.
- Competitive salary with potential for additional compensation incentives and bonuses
- Paid time off to use however you’d like (vacations, sick time, etc.)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) with potential of company match, up to 5%
- Health and dental insurance, beginning the first of the month following date of hire
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Employee assistance program
- Dress-for-your-day approach to our dress code
- Company events, such as: family picnics, monthly catered staff lunches, annual United Way campaign and more!
- Personal and professional development opportunities, with frequent feedback as well as annual performance
- NEW office building with onsite features such as: Fitness Center, Floor-to-?ceiling windows with views of wildlife, and state-of-the-art A/V technology for optimal conferencing and meetings
Our Employment Policy
Vogel Bros. Building Co. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees. It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions and to ensure equal opportunity for employment to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, veteran disability, national origin, ancestry and/or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law. The Company will ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, hiring, promotions, layoffs, return from layoffs, demotions, dismissals, recruitment, selection for training, including apprenticeship, will be administered in a manner consistent with the Company’s commitment to equal employment for all individuals.
Vogel Bros. is a drug-free workplace. Successful completion of a drug test is a condition of employment.