Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Vogel Bros. Wisconsin
5460 Fen Oak Dr
Madison, WI 53718
Application Deadline: July 25, 2018
As an award-winning, multi-generational construction services company, Vogel Bros. Building Co. attributes its success and longevity to the values and beliefs that have been shared throughout the generations. We work with customers across the country, focusing on enhancing the lives of the people in the communities we serve. Our lean culture is embodied in our employees, always striving to embrace innovation and offer creative solutions in order to be the employer of choice as well as our customer’s champion.
Currently, we are seeking an individual to join Vogel Bros.’ Madison, WI office as a full-time Receptionist-Administrative Assistant. The Receptionist-Administrative Assistant is responsible for the courteous and welcoming reception of callers and in-person guests to the office. This position also provides general clerical support for primarily the Office Manager and project assistants, but also for other Vogel Bros. team members as needed. We believe in having a sustainable level of growth and resources, so when we bring on new people to our team, we do so conscientiously and with the goal of adding a team player who’s passionate about doing what it takes to grow and develop the company and the people around them.
Candidates with at least two to four years of administrative experience and strong administrative skills are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of the Receptionist-Administrative Assistant position include but are not limited to:
- Create a hospitable environment by welcoming and assisting guests, clients, and other visitors to the office.
- First line of responsibility for answering all incoming calls on a multi-line system.
- Perform general clerical duties for office staff, such as recordkeeping, data entry, filing, faxing, photocopying, and scanning.
- Work with the administrative team to complete project-related tasks.
- Responsible for processing all incoming and outgoing mail. Arrange for courier and/or delivery services as needed.
- Maintain common office areas (including but not limited to straightening up conference rooms, tending to plants, coordinating repairs of office equipment, maintaining cleanliness of break room and appliances, etc.).
- Assist with planning and coordinating company events.
- Assist with scheduling meetings, reserving rooms and arranging for catering services.
- As need arises, run errands to help out other staff (e.g. take mail to post office, pick up supplies from store, deliver items to job sites, etc.).
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Preferred Skills Include:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred
- At least two to four years of experience, or equivalent education and experience, in an office setting performing administrative duties is preferred
Candidates Must Possess:
- High school diploma or GED
- Possess and maintain valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation
- Reliable attendance is imperative
- Strong computer and technology skills required, including proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite and office equipment (copier, printer, fax, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate information one-on-one and/or in small group situations to both internal and external customers
- Ability to work as a team player and take initiative to take on and complete tasks
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Professional appearance and manner for greeting guests, as well as professional telephone etiquette & friendly disposition for answering calls
If the above describes you, and you’re interested in becoming a part of the Vogel Bros.’ team, please “Apply Now” to complete our application process. Be sure to include a cover letter and resume with your application.
Our Employment Policy
Vogel Bros. Building Co. is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all employees. It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions and to ensure equal opportunity for employment to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, veteran disability, national origin, ancestry and/or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law. The Company will ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, hiring, promotions, layoffs, return from layoffs, demotions, dismissals, recruitment, selection for training, including apprenticeship, will be administered in a manner consistent with the Company’s commitment to equal employment for all individuals.