Vogel Bros. Wisconsin
5460 Fen Oak Drive
Madison, WI 53718
We are currently seeking an experienced, driven Safety Specialist to join Vogel Bros.’ Madison, WI office. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety or related field, and a minimum of 1 year of related experience. This Safety Specialist will work closely with the Director of Safety and Director of Field Operations to ensure the Company beliefs / values / mission / vision are used to promote a safe culture throughout the organization.
As an award-winning, multi-generational construction services company, Vogel Bros. Building Co. attributes its success and longevity to the values and beliefs that have been shared throughout the generations. Our lean culture is embodied in our employees, always striving to embrace innovation and offer creative solutions in order to be the employer of choice as well as our customer’s champion. When we bring on new people to our team, we do so conscientiously and with the goal of adding a team player who’s passionate about doing what it takes to grow and develop the company and the people around them.
Candidates with 1 or more years of occupational safety experience, particularly in the construction industry, are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of the Safety Specialist position include but are not limited to:
- Conduct regular safety visits to job sites and assess sites for safety compliance
- Implement and enforce safety practices to improve the Company’s safety record, including maintaining and leading a comprehensive safety training program for all employees
- Utilize leading and lagging safety indicators and other key performance indicators to identify trends and modify/improve the Company’s safety practices
- Assist in the claims management process, including but not limited to: filing of appropriate paperwork; maintaining Company incident and claim records
- Provide reports and updates to the Director of Safety regarding any safety issues, new programs, new policies, or regulation changes
- Maintain positive relationships with outside agencies, such as OSHA, AGC, WSC, ASSP, WisDOT, insurance companies, etc., to ensure information exchange and mutual assistance
Preferred skills include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety or related field
- 1 or more years of relevant work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in the construction industry is strongly preferred
- Understanding of safety policies/procedures and knowledge of local, state and federal laws that impact construction safety
- Ability to design and deliver effective safety training programs
Candidates must possess:
- A valid driver’s license and means of transportation
- Moderate to advanced computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters tactfully and professionally
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle questions and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work well under pressure and in difficult situations
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with willingness and ability to accept responsibility, work as a team player, and take initiative to improve personal and interpersonal skills
If the above describes you, and you’re interested in becoming a part of the Vogel Bros.’ team, please submit a cover letter, resume and application on our website at: www.vogelbldg.com/careers
All applications must be submitted online by: February 26, 2021.
What do we offer?
At Vogel Bros. we offer a competitive salary and the following list of benefits:
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-Site Fitness Center
Our Employment Policy
Vogel Bros. Building Co. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions and to ensure equal opportunity for employment to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, veteran disability, national origin, ancestry and/or any other discriminatory basis prohibited by state or federal law. The Company will ensure that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, hiring, promotions, layoffs, return from layoffs, demotions, dismissals, recruitment, selection for training, including apprenticeship, will be administered in a manner consistent with the Company’s commitment to equal employment for all individuals.
Vogel Bros. is a drug-free workplace. Successful completion of a drug test is a condition of employment.